The Inclusion team works with a wide range of students to help them achieve.
Inclusion at Winstanley means:
- Acknowledging the right of every student to a first class, high quality education.
- Supporting everyone to feel that they belong and can achieve their potential.
- Increasing participation for all students in all aspects of school life (learning activities, clubs, trips and visits).
- Reducing exclusion, discrimination and barriers to learning and participation .
- Ensuring that our school cultures, policies and practices value everyone equally.
- Understanding that removing barriers for some students will benefit students more widely.
- Improving our school for staff and parents/carers as well as students.
- Emphasising the development of our school and our values, as well as our achievements.
- Continuing to foster strong relationships between our school and our community.
The students we work with have a wide range of needs. The four main areas of need are:
· Communication and interaction (including students with Aspergers/Autism)
· Cognition and Learning (including maths, reading, writing and spelling)
· Social, emotional and mental health difficulties
· Sensory and/or physical (including disabilities such as those affecting mobility, sight and hearing)
SEND Information Report