- Stephenson College is still very much open for business and we are accepting applications for courses and apprenticeships and giving advice via our website www.stephensoncoll.ac.
- We have a virtual open day on 13th June 10am to 1pm where students can visit the college from their own home. Register online for a place. We are also running question and answer sessions with course tutors and webinars about the current situation
- We have a whole range of free distance learning courses to keep you busy during lock down
- We are sending out regular bulletins to schools so they can update pupils and keeping in touch with those who have accepted a place by email. Our students are completing their present courses remotely.
- If you want more information about courses or apprenticeships you can email us and arrange a call back from one of our tutors via our website.
- We are still accepting applications and supporting students with funding and support queries.
- Weekly schools newsletters are being sent to schools that contains information for parents and schools students.
- This week we have held a virtual open event.
- We are sending Year 11 transition resources out to the schools tomorrow in the newsletter.
- We are offering virtual training on T Levels for schools staff on the 21st May.
- We are covering social media messenger to answer any concerns or queries.
- We are working on how to support schools with the Gatsby Benchmark once students return back to school and possibly holding this virtually.
The colleges IAG team are available to contact:
If your students are unsure of their next steps or have questions about their future, the career guidance team at NWSLC are still available to provide impartial help and advice. We can assist with the following:
- Help to make informed decisions on next steps with career and education choices
- Advise on apprenticeship and course applications
- Discuss any barriers to further education and how college can support
- Work with students to create a SMART careers action plan with clear goals and tasks to help them to get where they want to be
- Arrange to call students and offer a full career guidance interview over the phone
If any students would like to contact the NWSLC guidance team they can get in touch initially by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org